I am putting real plums into an imaginary cake. -Mary McCarthy
- 0,5 l of kefir;
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder;
- 4 eggs;
- 3 cups of sugar;
- 3 cups of flour;
- 50g of cocoa ;
- 5 eggs;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- 3 tablespoons of flour;
- 1 l of milk;
- 200g of butter;
- lemon juice;
- Put on fire a liter of milk, meanwhile mix 5 eggs with sugar and flour. When the milk has boiled, add the mixture slowly in the bowl with milk and mingle with a tablespoon until it gets thicker, then take it from fire.
- Cool the cream in the fridge for about 30 min. After cooling add 200g of butter, brandy, lemon juice and vanilla to your taste, then mix well.
- In one bowl mix very well the kefir and baking powder.
- In another bowl mix the eggs with sugar, than one by one, add this mixture and flour with cocoa in the first bowl. Mix well.
- Oil the tray with butter and cover with baking paper, then add the mixture. For a better look and taste you can add cherries or other berries.
- From the mixture you get two units for two equal layers.
- Heat the oven to 180 ° C and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- When the base has baked cool it very well, then take the first piece of cake and cover with cream, put the second one and also cover with cream to get a totally creamy surface. Cool it in fridge and then is ready for tasting. You can decorate the cake with grated chocolate, coconut or hazelnut.
Bon appétit !